August 28, 2012
Curtis, Nebraska—Curtis Medical Center, a service of Community Hospital, will be hosting a community-wide health fair on Friday, September 14 from 8-11 a.m. at the Curtis Memorial Community Center in Curtis, located at 201 Garlic Avenue.
Blood tests will be offered at reduced prices including:
Blood chemistry test for only $30. The blood chemistry test gives 22 results including good and bad cholesterol, electrolytes, blood sugar, liver and kidney function and triglycerides. For accurate results, fasting is required (no food or drink other than water) 12 hours before the test. You may take medications as usual before the test.
Thyroid stimulating hormone test for only $15. This test, also called TSH, is used to determine whether the thyroid gland is functioning properly.
Prostate Specific Antigen test for only $20. The PSA test is for men only and used as a prostate cancer screening. Other diseases can also cause an elevated PSA.
Payment for the blood tests will be accepted at the door prior to the blood draws. Insurance and Medicare will not be billed. Registration is not necessary. The test results will be mailed to the health fair attendee.
The clinic will also be offering flu shots at the health fair. Cost for the shots is $30. No insurances except Medicare will be billed. Please bring your current Medicare card.
Other booths and screenings provided at the health fair are:
- Paraffin hand dips provided by Community Hospital occupational therapy department
- Hand or neck massages provided by Community Hospital massage therapist
- Healthy snack ideas provided by Community Hospital dietitian
- Hearing screenings provided by Community Hospital speech therapy department
- FROG and 55PLUS information
- Skin scope screenings by the Southwest Nebraska Public health Department
- Also provided are: blood pressure checks, and information about diabetic education, home health/hospice and Community Hospital Health Foundation scholarships.
Door prizes, breakfast and giveaways will also be provided. For more information about the fair, call the Curtis Medical Center at 308-367-4162 or Sarah Wolford, Community Hospital Community Outreach Coordinator at 308-344-8550.