April 10, 2012
McCook, Nebraska—The public is invited to Community Hospital’s two-day Health Expo on Tuesday and Wednesday, April 24 to 25 from 7-9 a.m. each day in the McCook City Auditorium. The health fair will highlight Community Hospital’s services, offer continental breakfast, and a variety of health screenings at a free or reduced rate. Other health-related businesses will also provide screenings and exhibits.
Blood Tests at a significant savings:
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile plus Lipid Profile—$30. Fasting is required for this test (no food or drink other than water) 12 hours prior. This test gives 22 results including cholesterol (LDL and HDL), electrolytes, blood sugar, liver health, kidney function and triglycerides (blood fats) and more.
- Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone—$15. This test checks for thyroid gland problems.
- Prostate Specific Antigen for men—$20. This test screens for prostate cancer.
Payment will be accepted at the door for the blood draws. Insurance and Medicare will not be billed. Registration is not necessary. Test results will be mailed along with a brochure explaining the tests to the participant. Participants should make an appointment with their physician to review the results.
Community Hospital Screenings and information include:
- Home Health & Hospice: Home care and Lifeline information
- Diabetes Education: Pre-Diabetes assessment & information
- Foundation: Scholarship Info & healing garden campaign
- Massage & OT Therapy: Free massages & paraffin hand treatments
- Healthy Lifestyle Nutrition Counseling: Portion control
- Speech Therapy: Free hearing screenings and speech therapy information
- 5K/Half Marathon: Register for this May 19 event!
- FROG: Video of classes and info on how to join!
Contributing Vendors will offer bone densitometry, Epworth sleepiness scale assessment for sleep apnea, colorectal screening kits, video ear canal otoscopy, tympanograms, macular degeneration test, dry eye test, I-Step Integration Technology for feet. There will also be information on disaster registry, car seat checks, auditory disorders & hearing loss, hearing assistance equipment and eye glass frames.
In addition to Community Hospital, featured vendors include: Southwest Nebraska Public Health Department & Nebraska Respite, Red Willow County Health Department, Stevens Hearing Center, Nebraska Commission for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing, Frontier Home Medical, Lifetime Eyecare, Burrows Vision Clinic, Currier Drug/Bison Compounding, McCook Clinic and Safe Kids.
For questions call Sarah Wolford at 308-344-8550 or Candy Crosby at 308-344-8340.