Please take this opportunity to review the many community and business offerings listed below. Included here are many classes and programs offered to our patients and the community. If you have any questions about the information within this section, please contact our Community Outreach Coordinator by email or by calling (308) 344-8550.
Visit our Calendar of Events to view program dates.
Here are a few of the community outreach programs that Community Hospital currently offers, which were selected from our comprehensive community benefits report:
- Sterling Connection educational seminars: Sterling Connection is a group that we offer in conjunction with Bryan Medical Center. Membership and classes are free to members. Click here to learn more about Sterling Connection.
- Public education seminars: Community Hospital offers seminars pertaining to health concerns and new services offered to our community.
- Health fairs: Community Hospital offers a wide variety of health fairs for our community, such as our Community Health Expo in April, and our Diabetic Health Fair usually in the fall. We also offer a smaller health fair in Curtis, as well as employer health fairs at local businesses such as Southwest Public Power District and McCook National Bank. Fairs offer free health information as well as discounted blood screenings.
- FROG exercise classes: Fitness Reaching Older Generations was a program started by Southwest Nebraska Public Health Department and was offered through our Sterling Connection program completely free of charge. We have FROG "schools" in McCook, Indianola, Stratton, Trenton, Curtis, Culbertson, Hayes Center, and Palisade.
- Support groups: Community Hospital donates meeting rooms and speakers for our various support groups. A few of them include our grief support group, diabetes support group, and Parkinson's support group.
- New parent and family classes: These classes include childbirth education classes, breastfeeding classes, new infant car seat checks, big kids & babies classes.
- Bryan Screenings: Our relationship with Bryan Medical Center allows us to bring their mobile screening units to Community Hospital. These mobile units offer access to tests not normally performed in our area.
- Colorectal screening kits: This campaign is in conjunction with St. Elizabeth's Medical Center. Every two years we offer our community cost-free colorectal cancer screening kits.