Board of Directors Met May 15
Community Hospital board members met May 15 for their monthly board meeting. During the meeting, directors were presented the quarterly results of the balanced score card, were educated on the reasoning behind the hospital’s mission statement, vision statement and values, and learned about recent hospital events.
Directors learned the balanced score card had an overall score of 5.7 with a goal of 6. Five measures were up, eight stayed the same and five measures went down. Of the four seeds represented on the scorecard, People, Service, Quality and Finance; the People seed measures were all at or above goal.
Hospital Events and News
The board learned:
- Community Hospital employees are celebrating National Hospital Week May 12-18 with food, fun and gifts.
- The Community Hospital Pro-Am at Heritage Hills is May 31, June 1, and 2.
- Community Hospital will be sending a group of volunteers to help set up the Cattleman’s Ball prior to the event on June 7-8.
- A team of hospital staff gave a presentation at a Communities of Excellence conference in Denver recently. Community Hospital is the flagship business overseeing the McCook program, along with representatives from the community. Communities of Excellence is based on the Baldrige criteria framework of which the hospital follows on its Journey to Excellence.
- A mid-level provider, to be announced soon, has been hired for the Anderson Center for Radiation Oncology to replace Theresa Langan, NP-C, Nurse Practitioner, who is retiring this summer.
Lori Beeby, Vice President reviewed with the board the Information System Department’s timeline of current and future IT projects.
Thank you notes were shared.