Board of Directors Met November 15
McCook, Nebraska—Community Hospital board of directors opened their November 15 meeting by reviewing election results from the annual meeting held earlier in the month.
New Board Members
Board elections were announced at the Community Hospital Association Annual Meeting on November 5. Newly elected to three-year terms were Rick Haney and David Powell, PA-C. Reelected to a second, three-year term was Lena Koebel. Retiring from the board is Todd Thieszen, current board chair, completing two, three-year terms and Robert Hinze, DPM, completing one, three-year term. Officers and board appointments to the Community Hospital Health Foundation board of directors will be selected at the December 18 board meeting.
Directors approved minutes of the October 9 regular meeting of the medical staff and for the October 16 regular meeting of the board of directors. Reports were approved for the Emergency Management Program Report Fiscal Year 2019 Training and Exercise Activities, Infection Control Annual Report, FY2019 Physical Environment Program Evaluation and FY2020 Goals and Opportunities for Improvement.
Action to be Taken
Appointments and/or reappointments for affiliate, courtesy and telemedicine medical staff were approved. Board members also approved the Privilege Delineation Description and Standards for the Practice Specialty: General Surgery.
The balanced scorecard report was presented by Jon Reiners, Strategic Planning Manager, as well as seed champions, Karen Kliment Thompson (Service), Sean Wolfe (Finance), Molly Herzberg (Quality) and Leanne Miller (People).
Review of Activities
Under Review of Activities, board members:
- Reviewed the completion and return of the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement, and the Code of Conduct Policy Acknowledgement
- Acknowledged the 2020 board meeting calendar schedule
- Noted the new board member orientation is December 10 from 7:30AM – 2:30PM
- Noted the hospital Christmas potluck and sweater party is December 18 from 10AM – 4PM
- Noted the hospital Christmas party is February 29 at the McCook Memorial Auditorium
- Noted the next regular board meetings are December 18 and January 15 at 6:45AM
- Noted the mini conference training provided by The Advisory Board, on January 23 from 3:30-7:30PM. Board members and administrative teams from surrounding hospital are also invited.
- Reviewed thank you notes