Hospital Hosting Wellness Blood Draws
September 10, 2020
The public is invited to wellness blood draws hosted by Community Hospital, Friday, September 25 from 8 to 10 AM at the Community Building, Red Willow County Fairgrounds. For the safety of attendees, masks are required as well as socially distancing. A goodie bag is available after each blood draw containing breakfast items, juice, and promotional gifts. For questions, call Tricia Wagner, Community Hospital Community Outreach Coordinator at 308-344-8550.
- Blood Tests Provided by McCook Clinic, PC:
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile plus Lipid Profile—$35. Fasting is required for this test (no food or drink other than water) 12 hours prior. This test gives 22 results including cholesterol (LDL and HDL), electrolytes, blood sugar, liver health, kidney function and triglycerides (blood fats) and more.
- Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone—$25. Screens for thyroid gland problems.
- Prostate Specific Antigen for men—$20. Screens for prostate cancer.
- CBC or Complete Blood Count—$10. Measures the number of red and white blood cells and the total amount of hemoglobin in the blood.
- HGBA1C—$20. Also known as A1C, this test is a marker for average blood glucose levels over the previous three months.
Payment will be accepted at the door for the blood draws. Checks should be written to McCook Clinic, PC. BC/BS insurance billing is available. Please bring your insurance ID card. Registration is not necessary. Test results will be mailed along with a brochure explaining the tests to the participant. Participants should make an appointment with their physician to review the results.
For ease in registration, attendees may go to Community Hospital’s website at www.chmccook.org, click on the health fair link on the home page, print and fill out the Health Screen and Blood Draw Consent Form and bring it the day of the fair.