Visiting Vascular Surgeon Joins Medical Staff
January 17, 2023
Community Hospital is pleased to announce a new visiting physician specializing in vascular surgery will see patients at the Medical Specialists Center in McCook beginning on January 24.
Andrea Um, MD, vascular surgeon, is associated with Bryan Heart in Lincoln. She will hold clinic on the fourth Tuesday of each month at Community Hospital Medical Specialists Center.
Dr. Um was raised in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. She joined Bryan Heart in September of 2022 and brought with her an innovative focus on vascular procedures for patients. Dr. Um enjoys being able to offer her patients procedures that can enhance their quality of life. She values the long-term relationships she develops with her patients.
Dr. Um specializes in:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm stent grafting and surgical repair
- Angiograms with angioplasty, stents and thrombectomy
- Arterial bypasses
- Arteriovenous (AV) fistula placement
- Carotid artery stenting and surgery
- Compartment syndrome
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) treatment
- Medical management
- Noninvasive vascular testing and imaging Venous ablations
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Vascular medication management
- Vena cava filter placement
She completed medical school at the University of South Dakota, Sanford School of Medicine. Her residency in vascular surgery was completed at the University of Wisconsin Vascular Surgery Integrated Residency.
Appointments are made through Community Hospital’s Central Scheduling department at 308-344-8285. Physician referrals are required.