Wellness Fair April 12
March 16, 2023
The public is invited to a wellness fair hosted by Community Hospital, Wednesday, April 12 from 7-9 AM in Community Hospital’s Prairie View A meeting room at 1301 East H Street in McCook. The health fair will offer a grab and go breakfast and a variety of health screenings at a free or reduced rate.
Attendees should enter the outside meeting room door on the south side of the hospital just left of the main entrance. The entrance will be marked. Whether or not masks are needed will be based on the community transmission rate at the time.
Blood Tests Provided by McCook Clinic, PC:
- Comprehensive Metabolic Profile plus Lipid Profile—$35. Fasting is required for this test (no food or drink other than water) 12 hours prior. This test gives 22 results including cholesterol (LDL and HDL), electrolytes, blood sugar, liver health, kidney function and triglycerides (blood fats) and more.
- Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone—$25. Screens for thyroid gland problems.
- Prostate Specific Antigen for men—$20. Screens for prostate cancer.
- CBC or Complete Blood Count—$10. Measures the number of red and white blood cells and the total amount of hemoglobin in the blood.
- HGBA1C—$20. Also known as A1C, this test is a marker for average blood glucose levels over the previous three months.
Payment will be accepted at the door for the blood draws. Checks should be written to McCook Clinic, PC. BC/BS insurance billing is available. Please bring your insurance ID card. Registration is not necessary. Test results will be mailed along with a brochure explaining the tests to the participant. Participants should make an appointment with their physician to review the results.
For questions, call Baleigh Abbott, Community Hospital Community Outreach Coordinator at 308-344-8550.